TECH Volunteers & Interns
Hedonisia Eco-Community gives an opportunity for tech volunteers in Hawaii to contribute their skills. A volunteer or intern's tech work will support the continued development of the social enterprise websites which we maintain at our community in Hawaii.
We usually seek Tech Volunteers or Interns with the following skills:
- WordPress Web Developer
- Android or Apple Mobile App Developer
- SEO Marketing Specialist
- Social Network Marketing: (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblir etc)
- Graphic Design - (logos and image editing)
- Digital Video Producer &/or Editor
If you are proficient in any of the above specialties then we offer 3 options for you to be a Tech Volunteer at Hedonisia Hawaii:
- Fair-Trade Tech Volunteer: (12 hours of work a week) Be sure to describe your tech skills in your application.
- Community Intern Manager with Tech Focus: (2 work days a week) If you have both tech and communication skills you can apply to be an Intern Community Manager with a focus specialty in tech work!
- Virtual Volunteer: We have received much support from volunteers around the world who have never even visited to our community in Hawaii!
Hedonisia Family of Eco-Feminist & Eco-Hospitality Web Projects:
- 1) HedonisiaHawaii.com: This is our Hawaii eco-hostel and green vacation rental website.
- 2) Hedonisia.com: Our Hawaii Community site which you are now on!
- a) NaturalMiscarriage.org: Pro-Choice Feminist website that helps women with reproduction decisions and family planning.
- b) EcoSensual.org: Sensual and sexy natural birth control online educational resource for women.
- c) FeministEntrepreneur.com: Using business as an activist tool for gender equality and empowerment.
- d) EthicalEropreneur.com: Royalty-free ideas and images for ethical entrepreneurs who wish to work with sexuality in ways that benefit society and the natural world we live in.
One-Time & Ongoing Tech Tasks for these websites
(This list will continually change as projects become complete.)
- Update Photos and Graphics in Public and Member's Areas of websites.
- New Hedonisia videos for YouTube
- Promoting websites with social networks
- Search Engine Optimization for all websites
- Implement SEO language pages of text for Arabic, Chinese, etc.
- Ongoing improvements for content layout and templates for websites
- Increasing online security protocols to guard against malicious visitors.
- Implementing needed WP plugins and widgets for improved visitor experience.
- Update images and content layout in both public and member's areas.
- Updates on Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools on all sites.
- COMPUTER CARE: to help maintain and optimize our community computers and network.