Special Permits

Minutes 10/22/2010 Special Permits

Special Permits are applied for to the planning department.  You ask for what you want, then when you get permission you have to deal with all the other county departments, like health, building, police, etc.  That is where we really need to have policy changes.

Do all kinds of non-ag activities need Special Permits? Are non-ag activities covered by existing legislation or do we need to do more? Cultural activities, workshops, education, gallery, etc.

Scott recommends:  Most any activity can be proposed in a special permit.  We can make special permit applications easier by learning to do them ourselves rather than pay someone else to help us. We should be all working together to make the permits in a pattern and establish precedents.


Leave a Reply