A community does not have to be on a big property like Hedonisia Hawaii.
Until we can return to Hawaii we want to demonstrate that a micro-community can be as small as 2 - 5 people living together in a house or apartment in the city.
As with many of the of the great cities in the world, it is very expensive to buy housing or land in Portland. So, our urban micro-community model is based on rental housing.
We chose to make our first urban micro-community in Portland because it is one of the most progressive and feminist cities in America.
In Portland, Mojo will continue to work on public relations, website development, and research on our Portfolio of EcoFeminist Entrepreneur projects.
Portland Micro-Community Rental Ad! Available from August 1, 2018
We are in a city so our Volunteer Program is smaller in scale than in Hawaii! Applicants can enjoy a discount rent in exchange for volunteer support of work on the websites in our EcoFeminist Web Portfolio
In the Hedonisia Hawaii Community, we found that when volunteers, interns or guests wanted to be involved in the ecotourist or ecofeminist work we manage in our portfolio, they were wonderful to live with!
We seek temporary roommate(s) at our 2-bedroom apartment located in SE Portland. Ideally it would be someone who was attracted to the ecofeminist projects we we were doing in Hawaii but also are wanting to live in or visit Portland!
- We are across the street from Mt Tabor Park which has lovely hiking trails.
- The apartment complex is walking distance to a number of restaurants
- one direct bus to downtown! We rent one of the two bedrooms.
- Rentals can be for 2 - 12 months.
- Price INCLUDES WIFI & Utilities.
- The room is furnished with a queen memory foam mattress bed!
- There is also a beautiful exposed brick wall in the living room.
- You have access to a beautiful apartment swimming pool that is great in the summer!
Roommate Application Info & Requirements:
We call it a 'micro-community' because we want to attract applicants who wish to volunteer on the projects we are working on. However, this is still a 'normal' rental in a traditional apartment complex. So regular apartment rental rules still apply!
- Cost - $650 per month rent.
- Damage Deposit - $650
- $55 payment for background check & property rental application
- Personal Interview
- Sorry, no pets as it is against apartment regulations!
- Current & Previous Rental History
- As this is a temporary rental, the applicant does not need a credit check!
The apartment is a little small for a couple sharing with me when I’m there. So if I rent to a couple I require a higher rent as I will leave to go traveling and be out of the house more. So if a couple wants to rent then it is $975 per month with two separate applications needed for the Background Checks.
Volunteer for Rent Reduction!
When we live with like-minded roommates, we are in a sense, creating a tiny apartment 'micro-community' that complements our larger jungle community in Hawaii! Applicants with writing, research or tech skills who are interested in volunteer work on any of our web projects can do so in exchange for a reduction in rent!
If you work on any of our web projects, we lower the rent by $20 per hour up to a maximum of $100 rent reduction per month! However, if you are especially skilled, we can offer more hours for a greater reduction in rent!
Here are some of the projects you can choose to work on in Portland:
- Hedonisia Eco-Feminist Web Portfolio: These are the feminist entrepreneur sites managed by our community that deal with subjects such as reproductive rights, eco-feminist, female empowerment and sex-positive feminism! Volunteers work on research, writing, database and site updates.
- Video Editing: We create and edit many educational and instructional videos for our web projects. If you are proficient with video editing let us know!
- Tech Volunteer. Especially for eco-feminists with advanced WordPress, Social Media or SEO experience, we have volunteer work for you!
To find out more or to make an appointment for viewing please use the form below or call Mojo at 808-269-2825.
Wishing you much aloha in Portland!