Eco-feminism draws connections between the feminist and environmental movements. It equates the treatment of women on the planet with the treatment of Mother Earth. It also references the fact that women's work in the world is traditionally more closely connected to the planet.
As a sustainable eco-feminist community Hedonisia has focused on female empowerment through our policies, practices and web projects.
At Hedonisia, we believe the best method of learning is through doing, and you get the chance to do a whole lot! You'd be surprised at how multifaceted and handy you are. Identifying your strengths is one of the most empowering things you can do.
It is not feminist to ‘coddle’ a female with only gentle feedback. We help you with feedback as you settle into your volunteer or intern life. With our Jungle Queen approach, women are stronger when allowed the opportunity to be challenged by real jungle and honest feedback!
This is why many women have told us they choose to volunteer, intern or simply be a guest at our little rainforest Hawaiian community!
Hedonisia Hawaii Eco-Feminist Community Information:
- Female Travelers in Hawaii. We try to address the needs and concerns of females who are traveling alone or with other women to Hawaii.
- Community Sexual Harassment and Dating guidelines. These are the policies we developed for a harmonious and safe community!
- Jungle Queens! We give women the tools and structure to become empowered physically, creatively and in nature at our rainforest community!
- Male Feminists! We welcome male feminists and guys who are supportive of empowered females into any of our programs.
- Portfolio of Feminist Entrepreneur web projects. This is a core part of our community that volunteers and interns can work on as part of their duties.